Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Class 4 National insurance u-turn
One of the significant announcements Chancellor Philip Hammond made on Budget Day was the proposed increases to the main rate of Class 4 Nat...Read more >
14 Apr 2017
VAT Flat Rate Scheme - Limited cost trader
Changes are being made to the Flat Rate Scheme (FRS) which take effect from 1 April 2017. These changes may mean that the FRS is less attrac...Read more >
10 Apr 2017
Spring Budget 2017
Budget announcements contain many fundamental taxation changes which will affect business and personal lives for the years to come. Written ...Read more >
9 Mar 2017
Xero now has over one million subscribers!
At Prime we love Xero and have been fans from the start! It gives us immense satisfaction to see that Xero have now got more than One Millio...Read more >
7 Apr 2017
What business can learn from sport
There are many correlations between Sport and Business, the planning and discipline that goes into being a successful athlete are equally ap...Read more >
8 Dec 2016
Be prepared, the National Minimum Wage rises on October 1st 2016
As of 1st October 2016 the National Minimum Wage rates for apprentices and different age bands will increase. Last year HMRC investigated mo...Read more >
28 Sep 2016
Contact Prime Today
To discuss how our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package can help you, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
We provide a very comprehensive but cost-effective shareholders' agreement. Every company should have one. Get in touch and find out more.
A Shareholders Agreement is a contract made between the shareholders of a company. It governs the relationship between the shareholders, and sometimes between the shareholders and the company. Shareholders agreements are entered into voluntarily by the shareholders to provide certainty, to avoid conflict and to protect their investment in the company.
In the absence of an agreement, the relationship between the shareholders of a company is governed by applicable law and the company’s Articles of Association so the purpose of a shareholders’ agreement is to amend this “default” position.
Our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies incorporated in the UK. There are no requirements as to its contents (although there are some restrictions) so we would work with you to identify relevant elements to suit you and your business. However, you may wish to consider the following provisions:
- Controlling “ownership” – imposing restrictions on the transfer of shares.
- Forced Sale – forcing a sale or purchase of shares in specified circumstances.
- Minority Rights – providing additional protection to minority shareholders.
- Board Control – regulating the appointment and removal of directors.
- Finance – regulating debt and equity finance of the company.
- Non-Compete – restricting shareholders from competing with the company.
- No Poaching – preventing shareholders from poaching customers or staff.
- Future Shareholders – allowing flexibility to introduce further shareholders.
- Business – defining the permitted scope of the company’s business.
- Dividends and Salary – setting out clear rules regarding the payment of dividends and other benefits, including salary and directors’ fees.
- Conflict resolution – mechanisms to resolve conflict between shareholders.
- Tax – if there are corporate shareholders, insert provisions regarding consortium or group relief and VAT grouping.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
For advice on a Shareholders Agreement or our Joint Venture Agreement package, or you would like to arrange a free initial meeting in order to discuss more details about how we can help you please contact us.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468