Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Business response to General Election on 8 June
In response to the announcement of a General Election on 8 June Carolyn Fairbairn, CBI Director-General, said:Read more >
9 May 2017
Changes to the PAYE Tax system using Real Time Information
HMRC have announced that from the end of May 2017 they will be using Real Time Information (RTI) to make adjustments to employee tax codes i...Read more >
7 May 2017
Class 4 National insurance u-turn
One of the significant announcements Chancellor Philip Hammond made on Budget Day was the proposed increases to the main rate of Class 4 Nat...Read more >
14 Apr 2017
Solihull Chamber survey surprises
Last week Kevin Johns, Prime’s Managing Director and President of the Solihull Chamber, hosted the Solihull Chamber Breakfast. The eve...Read more >
17 May 2017
What business can learn from sport
There are many correlations between Sport and Business, the planning and discipline that goes into being a successful athlete are equally ap...Read more >
8 Dec 2016
Be prepared, the National Minimum Wage rises on October 1st 2016
As of 1st October 2016 the National Minimum Wage rates for apprentices and different age bands will increase. Last year HMRC investigated mo...Read more >
28 Sep 2016
Contact Prime Today
To discuss how our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package can help you, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
We provide a very comprehensive but cost-effective shareholders' agreement. Every company should have one. Get in touch and find out more.
A Shareholders Agreement is a contract made between the shareholders of a company. It governs the relationship between the shareholders, and sometimes between the shareholders and the company. Shareholders agreements are entered into voluntarily by the shareholders to provide certainty, to avoid conflict and to protect their investment in the company.
In the absence of an agreement, the relationship between the shareholders of a company is governed by applicable law and the company’s Articles of Association so the purpose of a shareholders’ agreement is to amend this “default” position.
Our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies incorporated in the UK. There are no requirements as to its contents (although there are some restrictions) so we would work with you to identify relevant elements to suit you and your business. However, you may wish to consider the following provisions:
- Controlling “ownership” – imposing restrictions on the transfer of shares.
- Forced Sale – forcing a sale or purchase of shares in specified circumstances.
- Minority Rights – providing additional protection to minority shareholders.
- Board Control – regulating the appointment and removal of directors.
- Finance – regulating debt and equity finance of the company.
- Non-Compete – restricting shareholders from competing with the company.
- No Poaching – preventing shareholders from poaching customers or staff.
- Future Shareholders – allowing flexibility to introduce further shareholders.
- Business – defining the permitted scope of the company’s business.
- Dividends and Salary – setting out clear rules regarding the payment of dividends and other benefits, including salary and directors’ fees.
- Conflict resolution – mechanisms to resolve conflict between shareholders.
- Tax – if there are corporate shareholders, insert provisions regarding consortium or group relief and VAT grouping.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
For advice on a Shareholders Agreement or our Joint Venture Agreement package, or you would like to arrange a free initial meeting in order to discuss more details about how we can help you please contact us.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468