Advice for renewing tax credits
The deadline for renewing tax credit claims is 31 July. In anticipation of this please review the following HMRC advice to ensure you complete on time and correctly.
• You should receive your renewal pack by 30 June, if you haven’t then you need to contact the Tax Credit Helpline.
• Renew your tax credits as quickly as possible. The quicker you complete them, the quicker the tax credit office can start working on your payments for next year.
• Only contact HMRC if you receive an Annual declaration form along with an Annual Review notice.
• If you receive only an annual review notice, your claim will be renewed automatically and you do not need to contact HMRC (unless your personal circumstances have changed).
• Review all the data in your renewal pack, and make sure all the changes reported in last year are included. If anything isn’t correct, contact the Tax Office.
• Report any changes (including bank details) to the tax credits helpline on 0345 300 3900.
• When contacting the helpline, be prepared with your National Insurance number, your password (if you have one), your renewal pack, details of any changes in circumstances and the amount of your household’s total income for the last year.
• Follow the instructions on your form to confirm your claim for last year even if your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible for the current year.