Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Childcare Services compensation
The government are offering compensation to those who have been affected by problems with the implementation of Tax-Free Childcare.Read more >
6 Sep 2017
Get ready for the new data protection rules
The government is to introduce new data protection rules under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect from 25 May ...Read more >
5 Sep 2017
Pensions Auto enrolment compliance
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has begun carrying out employer spot checks to make sure employers are complying with their automatic enrolment...Read more >
4 Sep 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 24th August 2017
The Chamber’s Quarterly Business Report (QBR) always highlights some interesting information on what is happening in the business worl...Read more >
24 Aug 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 10th august 2017
As Brexit becomes a reality, the Chamber of Commerce’s International Hub is stepping up its drive to encourage and help businesses to ...Read more >
10 Aug 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 20th July 2017
I read recently that the amount of cyber-attacks targeting businesses has increased by more than half in the second quarter of 2017, accordi...Read more >
20 Jul 2017
Contact Prime Today
To protect your investment in the company, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
We provide a very comprehensive but cost-effective shareholders' agreement. Every company should have one. Get in touch and find out more.
A Shareholders Agreement is a contract made between the shareholders of a company. It governs the relationship between the shareholders, and sometimes between the shareholders and the company. Shareholders agreements are entered into voluntarily by the shareholders to provide certainty, to avoid conflict and to protect their investment in the company.
In the absence of an agreement, the relationship between the shareholders of a company is governed by applicable law and the company’s Articles of Association so the purpose of a shareholders’ agreement is to amend this “default” position.
Our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies incorporated in the UK. There are no requirements as to its contents (although there are some restrictions) so we would work with you to identify relevant elements to suit you and your business. However, you may wish to consider the following provisions:
- Controlling “ownership” – imposing restrictions on the transfer of shares.
- Forced Sale – forcing a sale or purchase of shares in specified circumstances.
- Minority Rights – providing additional protection to minority shareholders.
- Board Control – regulating the appointment and removal of directors.
- Finance – regulating debt and equity finance of the company.
- Non-Compete – restricting shareholders from competing with the company.
- No Poaching – preventing shareholders from poaching customers or staff.
- Future Shareholders – allowing flexibility to introduce further shareholders.
- Business – defining the permitted scope of the company’s business.
- Dividends and Salary – setting out clear rules regarding the payment of dividends and other benefits, including salary and directors’ fees.
- Conflict resolution – mechanisms to resolve conflict between shareholders.
- Tax – if there are corporate shareholders, insert provisions regarding consortium or group relief and VAT grouping.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
To protect your investment in the company call Prime Chartered Accountants, to arrange a free, no-obligation meeting.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468