Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Tax-Free Childcare to be rolled out from 28 April 2017
Tax-Free Childcare, the new government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare, will be launched from 28 April 2017.Read more >
13 Apr 2017
Minimum wage rises again
Employers need to ensure they are paying their employees at least the appropriate National Minimum Wage (NMW) or National Living Wage (NLW) ...Read more >
12 Apr 2017
Equality - Gender pay gap reporting
The government has introduced new requirements for all private and voluntary sector employers of over 250 people relating to equal pay repor...Read more >
11 Apr 2017
Xero now has over one million subscribers!
At Prime we love Xero and have been fans from the start! It gives us immense satisfaction to see that Xero have now got more than One Millio...Read more >
7 Apr 2017
The Pensions Regulator - Compliance and enforcement bulletin
The Pensions Regulator has released their latest automatic enrolment, compliance and enforcement bulletin for the 1 October to 31 December 2...Read more >
24 Feb 2017
What business can learn from sport
There are many correlations between Sport and Business, the planning and discipline that goes into being a successful athlete are equally ap...Read more >
8 Dec 2016
Contact Prime Today
To protect your investment in the company, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
We provide a very comprehensive but cost-effective shareholders' agreement. Every company should have one. Get in touch and find out more.
A Shareholders Agreement is a contract made between the shareholders of a company. It governs the relationship between the shareholders, and sometimes between the shareholders and the company. Shareholders agreements are entered into voluntarily by the shareholders to provide certainty, to avoid conflict and to protect their investment in the company.
In the absence of an agreement, the relationship between the shareholders of a company is governed by applicable law and the company’s Articles of Association so the purpose of a shareholders’ agreement is to amend this “default” position.
Our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies incorporated in the UK. There are no requirements as to its contents (although there are some restrictions) so we would work with you to identify relevant elements to suit you and your business. However, you may wish to consider the following provisions:
- Controlling “ownership” – imposing restrictions on the transfer of shares.
- Forced Sale – forcing a sale or purchase of shares in specified circumstances.
- Minority Rights – providing additional protection to minority shareholders.
- Board Control – regulating the appointment and removal of directors.
- Finance – regulating debt and equity finance of the company.
- Non-Compete – restricting shareholders from competing with the company.
- No Poaching – preventing shareholders from poaching customers or staff.
- Future Shareholders – allowing flexibility to introduce further shareholders.
- Business – defining the permitted scope of the company’s business.
- Dividends and Salary – setting out clear rules regarding the payment of dividends and other benefits, including salary and directors’ fees.
- Conflict resolution – mechanisms to resolve conflict between shareholders.
- Tax – if there are corporate shareholders, insert provisions regarding consortium or group relief and VAT grouping.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
To protect your investment in the company call Prime Chartered Accountants, to arrange a free, no-obligation meeting.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468