Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Rising employment statistics
The Office for National Statistics has published the latest employment statistics which reveal:Read more >
12 Jun 2017
TPR name and shame those who fail to comply
The latest Compliance and Enforcement Bulletin from the Pensions Regulator (TPR) makes interesting reading as it sets out cases and th...Read more >
11 Jun 2017
Small Business Taskforce outlines priorities ahead of the General Election
The Small Business Taskforce has outlined its priorities ahead of the General Election.Read more >
8 Jun 2017
Auto enrolment is not a ‘one off’ job
Employers need to carry out a number of tasks on an ongoing basis to remain fully compliant with the law.Read more >
15 Jun 2017
Check of employer records
HMRC have been tasked to raise additional revenue. This will be achieved through a variety of methods, including increased employer complian...Read more >
30 May 2017
Solihull Chamber survey surprises
Last week Kevin Johns, Prime’s Managing Director and President of the Solihull Chamber, hosted the Solihull Chamber Breakfast. The eve...Read more >
17 May 2017
Contact Prime Today
To protect your investment in the company, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
We provide a very comprehensive but cost-effective shareholders' agreement. Every company should have one. Get in touch and find out more.
A Shareholders Agreement is a contract made between the shareholders of a company. It governs the relationship between the shareholders, and sometimes between the shareholders and the company. Shareholders agreements are entered into voluntarily by the shareholders to provide certainty, to avoid conflict and to protect their investment in the company.
In the absence of an agreement, the relationship between the shareholders of a company is governed by applicable law and the company’s Articles of Association so the purpose of a shareholders’ agreement is to amend this “default” position.
Our Shareholders Agreement and Joint Venture Agreement package is suitable for shareholders of companies incorporated in the UK. There are no requirements as to its contents (although there are some restrictions) so we would work with you to identify relevant elements to suit you and your business. However, you may wish to consider the following provisions:
- Controlling “ownership” – imposing restrictions on the transfer of shares.
- Forced Sale – forcing a sale or purchase of shares in specified circumstances.
- Minority Rights – providing additional protection to minority shareholders.
- Board Control – regulating the appointment and removal of directors.
- Finance – regulating debt and equity finance of the company.
- Non-Compete – restricting shareholders from competing with the company.
- No Poaching – preventing shareholders from poaching customers or staff.
- Future Shareholders – allowing flexibility to introduce further shareholders.
- Business – defining the permitted scope of the company’s business.
- Dividends and Salary – setting out clear rules regarding the payment of dividends and other benefits, including salary and directors’ fees.
- Conflict resolution – mechanisms to resolve conflict between shareholders.
- Tax – if there are corporate shareholders, insert provisions regarding consortium or group relief and VAT grouping.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
To protect your investment in the company call Prime Chartered Accountants, to arrange a free, no-obligation meeting.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468