Subscribe to our e-news
Register now to receive regular e-news bulletins designed for business owners and individuals.
Please enter your email address below:
Latest Labour Market Statistics
The latest labour market statistics for the period March to May 2017 showed a 175,000 rise in employment and 64,000 fall in unemployment.Read more >
7 Aug 2017
Charities bound by new Fundraising Preference Service
A new service is now available for individuals who want to limit the contact they receive from charities. The Fundraising Preference Service...Read more >
4 Aug 2017
Queen’s Speech and proposed legislation
The Queen delivered the 2017 Queen’s Speech on 21 June which set out the government’s agenda for the coming parliamentary sessio...Read more >
14 Jul 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 24th August 2017
The Chamber’s Quarterly Business Report (QBR) always highlights some interesting information on what is happening in the business worl...Read more >
24 Aug 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 10th august 2017
As Brexit becomes a reality, the Chamber of Commerce’s International Hub is stepping up its drive to encourage and help businesses to ...Read more >
10 Aug 2017
Solihull Chamber News Column - 20th July 2017
I read recently that the amount of cyber-attacks targeting businesses has increased by more than half in the second quarter of 2017, accordi...Read more >
20 Jul 2017
Contact Prime Today
For confidential, expert advice on managing your cash flow, please contact us for a free initial meeting.Please Email Us >
Cash Flow Forecasting
Cash flow is the lifeblood of any business. Failure in your cash flow inevitably leads to failure in your business. In particular, fast growing businesses can find themselves suffering from cash depletion but, without cash flow, a business will struggle to survive no matter how profitable it is.
However, businesses which forecast their future financial performance and cash flow, and measure it regularly, are much better equipped to deal rapidly with any unexpected hiccups than those who do not plan ahead.
Five cash flow tips you cannot afford to ignore:
- Cash is your number one financial priority - Put simply, if you run out of cash, your business will run out of life. Always remember this, and consider it every single day that you are trading.
- Do you know what your bank balance is today? - If the answer is no, you are not in control of your business and you can't make sensible, informed or accurate business decisions.
- Manage from your working capital - too many business owners manage from their monthly financial statements or bank balance and not from their working capital, which also takes into account money owed to them and money they owe. This is the most critical financial information you need to control your business, day to day.
- Spot cash flow problems before they hit - Cash flow problems rarely pop out of the blue. They will loom ahead, so be sure you see and deal with them in time.
- Get someone to help you - most small business owners find it difficult to recognise the importance of cash flow management. If this applies to you, and you struggle to calculate your working capital accurately, please contact us for assistance.
It has been said that turnover is vanity, profit is sanity but cash is king. Talk to the experts at Prime and take advantage of our in-depth knowledge. We can provide you with cash flow advice and forecasts for use either internally in managing your business or for presentation to third parties such as bank managers.
Call Prime Today - we're here to help
For confidential, expert advice on managing your cash flow, call Prime Chartered Accountants and arrange a free, no-obligation meeting.
Coventry - 024 7651 8555 or Solihull - 0121 711 2468